What is Scar Revision?
When the skin is trying to recover from an accident, burn, surgery or acne, scars form during the healing process. Multiple layers of skin can be affected by the scarring process. Once a scar forms it is permanent, usually disfiguring and can diminish function as with contracture scarring. Normal functioning as well as reduced self-confidence can be hindered by facial scarring of the eyes, mouth or nose. Dr. Russell T. Snow can perform scar revision surgery to make it less visible and restore function and a more pleasing appearance.
- Scar revision can reduce and improve the appearance of scarred tissue
- In the case of disfigurement, scar revision can correct form and restore function
- Scar revision treats contracture, hypertropic and keloid scarring
- Scar revision may employ surgical & non-surgical procedures
- Physical appearance & self-confidence can be enhanced through scar revision
Contact us for more information on all of the benefits of scar revision surgery, and to schedule an appointment.