FDA approved for use in the United States, Restylane Dermal Filler is an injectable material like Collagen. Used in Europe and Canada for nearly a decade, it is both longer lasting than other materials and causes less hypersensitivity reactions. Restylane, a naturally occurring biodegradable polysaccharide, is a hyaluronic acid produced by fermentation and metabolized by the body. Restylane is used to smooth wrinkles or depressions in the lower face, particularly around the mouth, cheeks and lips. Restylane requires no prior skin testing and lasts between 6-12 months.
* Restylane® and Restylane® (Stylized) are registered trademarks of HA North American Sales AB.
The most common uses of Restylane are to:
- soften the “parentheses” around the nose and mouth
- hide lower eyelid bags or dark circles
- lift and rejuvenate brows and upper eyelids
- enhance lips by adding fullness while staying natural-looking
- define lip borders
- soften “lipstick lines” around the mouth
- give noses more beautiful shapes and profiles
- smooth chins
- smooth skin wrinkles and acne scars
- provide fullness to earlobes and provide support to earrings when there is damage to the ear lobes
- straighten jawlines
- lift the corners of the mouth
- soften “marionette lines”
- add fullness to cheeks, temples, chins or wherever it is needed
- rejuvenate necklines
Contact us for more information on all of the benefits and available Restylane treatments, and to schedule an appointment.